Saturday, January 9, 2010

Thankful #7

Thankful #7:




I had two today because I missed yesterday.

I am so thankful this morning of quiet time. It was so nice this morning to take my time waking up and justing getting up on my own. I am able to just take time for me.

I am thankful for books. I so love to read books and take something from them. Especially now that I have found Christian novels. They always give you some nugget that sticks in your mind that you can take with you. I won a book just the other day about forgiveness. It happened on a day that I was also told from my son that he's moving back to Idaho to be near his dad. This devastated me. But, as I've had a few days to process this and attempting not to take this as a personal attack I am excited to get this book in the mail. I am excited to go down a road that I've been before and address it once again. I had a nasty divorce with my sons dad. I happened to pick up the book The Forgiving Hour by Robin Lee Hatcher that changed my life. It made me stop thinking of only myself, stop trying to be a martyr and to realize it takes two and get over it. I went to God in prayer, sobbing and released more pent up emotions that really needed done. That was starting to rear it's ugly head again. I won a book on forgiveness and I take this as God letting me know that this could once again harbor ill feelings that need to be dealt with now. Before my son moves away from me so that it's not awful between us.

I am also thankful for heat. This morning as we get up here in Louisiana it was much colder than usual. It's almost 11am and it's 29 degrees. When we got home last night (not late mind you) it was 20 degrees and falling. We purchased a few space heaters to put in the house and I am so thankful that those cut the chill in my little house. There is no insulation in my home as it's an older home and built in the 50's. These

No comments: